Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Words

too beautiful to be a mere tool
too useful to be a mere toy
too constructive to be a mere weapon
too dangerous to be a mere support
too enjoyable to be a mere chore
too consequential to be a mere game
too free to be mere science
too structured to be mere art
too relevant to be mere past
too lasting to be mere present
too ancient to be mere future

too easy to use,
yet too hard to learn
too easy to ruin,
yet too hard to destroy
too easy to speak,
yet too hard to utter

Invented by God at creation: "Let there be"
Twisted by Satan at the fall: "Did God actually say?"
Declared by Christ at redemption: "It is finished"
Remembered by all who await the consummation: "I am coming soon"

2 comments:

  1. beautiful! Were any of these thoughts triggered during your ponderings of a certain game?

    ~Monica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, I can't remember what I was doing when I started thinking about this... I was doing homework when I first started jotting it down, though.

    ReplyDelete